Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ethan & Pam: August 8, 2008



I had the pleasure of photographing Ethan & Pam's Wedding. You couldn't meet two nicer people! They made sure we had refreshments and food in the evening. We even sat with them for dinner and had such enjoyable conversation.

They had a gorgeous ceremony at St. Pats in Ohio City. Which ended with them being surprised by a piper. Pam cried with surprise and joy!

Unfortunately, someone left the lights on in the car, so Pam & Ethan's friends pushed them down Bridge until they could POP the clutch. It made for some fun photos!

And my favorite part of the day was taking photos at the Franklin Castle in Ohio City. The owner, Charles, is a friend of Pams. I don't think either of them understood HOW EXCITED I WAS about going INSIDE the Castle. We used to live right around the corner and I would spend some of my Saturdays walking around the gate that surrounds the castle and photographing what I could see. I used quite a few of those photos in my college projects. And I am thrilled and infatuated with the stories that surround the castle. Anyone up for a good ghost story?

We ended the day at the Nicholson House which is a beautiful yellow house on Detroit in Lakewood. A Taste of Excellence catered the party with a really cool potato bar among many other things! The event wouldn't have been complete without a JUG Band. Awesome! Thanks for a wonderful time!

No comments: